How to get started with Real Estate Online Marketing
Most real estate professionals know how important real estate marketing is. It’s a big part of your job to continually work on marketing so that you can bring in new leads. Although offline marketing methods are still in use and very helpful, real estate online marketing is an increasingly important element of the marketing equation. Online marketing helps you continually widen your reach and take advantage of the fact that we live in a very ‘connected’ world. Taking advantage of the online marketing options available to the real estate industry can help you be productive, profitable, and can help you save time. Online marketing is easily measurable, especially when compared to traditional marketing methods and some real estate online marketing methods can be put on an autopilot of sorts, giving you more time to focus on other things while new leads are continually brought your way.
With so many real estate online marketing methods available, how do you keep up so that you can take advantage of the methods that are out there?
Here are some tips:
- Subscribe to authority real estate marketing resources. Blogs, websites, YouTube channels, social media sites, and industry publications can help you stay up to date on what’s happening. Pick good resources so that your time spent on research will be worthwhile.
- Set up Google Alerts for real estate marketing. This way you’ll get a daily or weekly (based on your choice) alert bringing information relevant to that phrase to you instead of you having to search for it. Google.com/alerts is the place to get it done and it’s free if you have a Google account.
- Keep up through your own efforts. Whether you hire a real estate marketing company to do some or all of your efforts or you opt to do your own online marketing, set aside time to do it and to investigate options, do competitive analysis, and so forth and this will help you continually build your marketing knowledge as well as a cache of marketing resources you can continually leverage.
- Take a marketing course(s). There are marketing courses that can help you learn social media, learn about website optimization, and so forth. Whether you’re new to real estate or are looking to brush up on your skills you’ll find online and local courses that can help you learn various elements of online marketing techniques. These could be specific to real estate online marketing methods or could be more generalized — for small business owners, for instance.
- Get some help. Work with a real estate marketing consultant or agency who will not only work on offline and online marketing for you but who will educate you on best practices and online marketing trends.