For the 350th episode of the Mail Right Show, Jonathan Denwood and Robert Newman invited Darin Dawson, the co-founder of BombBomb, to talk about and review the platform. Robert Newman is the founder and CEO of Inbound REM, an inbound marketing agency, and has more than a decade of experience in the industry of real estate SEO. On the other hand, Jonathan Denwood is the founder and CEO of Mail Right, a platform combining a range of digital tools into a streamlined, user-friendly package. They create a semi-custom or fully customized WordPress website and offer a suite of marketing tools to help generate leads. This episode walks through how the functionalities of BombBomb relate to the platform’s goal of humanizing people and businesses and gives a glimpse of what BombBomb has to offer in the future.
What is BombBomb
Video is how we pass along our messages in the world. It is a medium for building stronger connections, and BombBomb helps you with that. BombBomb is helpful to businesses that rely on repeat and referral, and a human being is necessary for the transaction.
BombBomb is a video email marketing platform connected to most major platforms today. BombBomb’s goal is to rehumanize communication, and video email is a way to that end that plain text cannot replicate. With the video email, you are building relationships and creating a genuine connection with your recipients.
The Story Behind Founding BombBomb
Darin Dawson and his co-founder Connor McCluskey were involved in marketing from the early 90s to the 2000s. After returning from Africa, Connor wanted to build an orphanage and live there. With that thought, Darin and Connor continued working on the idea of a video email, thinking they could make a dollar with it and help Connor live in Africa. More than that, with the mission of rehumanizing businesses and helping people, Darrin and Connor created BombBomb. Today, the platform has grown over the decades, continuously providing business solutions through recording quickly, sending and tracking personal videos so that they can break through the digital noise, build human connection, and get a “yes” faster. Darrin and Connor have also established a great community in Africa, building entrepreneurial stuff to help, especially kids.
Competencies of BombBomb
- Speed to video, which makes the process of putting video super easy.
- Works Where You Do, allowing you to put the video wherever you are.
- Guidance to Success. People at BombBomb guide you on effectively using video emailing, such as how you should look when creating a video and what you should say to your new lead or an old customer you’re just checking.
Applying Humanizing People and Marketing to the Functionality of Bomb Bomb
Amidst the automated technologies today— designed never to meet customers— BombBomb offers a platform that will help businesses to build better relationships, especially in real estate, which is about referrals; getting people to know and trust you to create a relationship is essential. With the mission to rehumanize the planet, BombBomb always believes it starts with your business. Thus BombBomb is designed to help real estate agents, loan officers, insurance people, finance researchers, and other industries be more transparent and build better customer relationships. For instance, when it comes to buying a house and investing money, the customer needs people to help them through that, and that requires trusting you since if the customer doesn’t trust you, you’re not getting the customer’s cash to invest. And with BombBomb’s email video, businesses can build trust and relationships with their customers. With trust and better customer relationships, businesses gain opportunities and referrals and sustain their business as their customers use them repeatedly.
Future Plans for BombBomb
- Security. Today, there are instances where you get an inbound email that is not from a person or using deep fake BombBomb’s services. Thus, BombBomb works to be a platform with secure validation so that you won’t doubt that the video came from a human being and the message is just for you.
- Next to look forward to is the personalization at a scale that will help with some automation of evergreen videos. It will help create pre-recorded videos that only need to be recorded once but can be edited and then smartly deployed into their campaign. For instance, you have a drip campaign every time on this person’s birthday. However, you need to update that at least once yearly because it can’t be the same video message next year. Although it is an automated video message, it is still unique and personalized to each person who receives it.