Which of these 10 companies will build the real estate website that you need?
- Agent Image
- Boom Town
- Easy Agent Pro
- Real Estate Webmasters
- Real Geeks
- Sierra Interactive
I’ve worked for, competed against or founded the companies that make some of the best real estate websites on the planet. This blog post will show you how to buy the real estate website that suits your needs and your marketing budget. This post has been updated for 2018. I’ve added nine infographics for easier reading. Zurple moved from number 10 to number 11 and Sierra Interactive made the Top 10 best real estate website providers of 2018.
Understanding what KIND of real estate website each company makes will make purchasing one a little bit easier.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Most great real estate websites should focus on a primary objective. Knowing what your main goal is when buying a real estate website will make selecting a vendor much easier.
Real Estate Websites fall into three broad categories. ALL real estate websites have secondary competencies that enhance their core offering. I’ve listed the most common secondary competencies.
- Lead Generation – The websites might look the same but the companies that supply these websites design their service offering around producing leads. It’s their core purpose.
- Brand/Custom Design – The primary objective is to look different/better than your competitors. While these companies might claim/offer lead generation their core competency is creating a brand.
- Search/IDX – The primary of these companies is to offer a unique search experience. They might claim/offer lead generation, but their core competency is the actual search experience.
- Secondary competencies :
- CRM = Customer Record Management
- CMS = Content Management System
- Email Marketing = As an integrated service connected to the website
- Lead Management – Giving you a dashboard you or your agents can log into and manage communication with leads.
- Landing Pages – The ability to create a special web page that would be a part of a marketing funnel
- SEO – Creating great content on your behalf or giving you the mechanism to create it yourself.
- Drip marketing = Automated emails sent to prospects that have registered with your website
- Real Estate Lead Generation Websites – Companies that focus on building websites that generate leads have to design their secondary competencies around the core purpose of the website to be effective. Real Estate Lead generation sites will usually be templated designs because the companies that make them understand what the audience’s reaction to those particular design will be. They can then give their prospective customers lead generation estimates based on facts and research as opposed to guesses. Each time you make a real estate web developer change design in a significant way they no longer have a fact-based experience to estimate lead generation. Small changes can occasionally result in big differences in lead generation percentages. You do not own these websites (Except for InboundREM and you only own the site after 12 months of service). They use direct advertising(Except InboundREM who uses SEO) to generate traffic by spending money on Google Adwords, Facebook Marketing, and occasionally automated Craigslist posting. Prices range from $500-5,000 set up with monthly costs between $750-5000 M/O. Relevant examples of companies that fall exclusively/primarily into this category would be Boom Town, Real Geeks, and InboundREM.
- Real Estate IDX Websites – IDX = Information Data Exchange. Any MLS that exchanges information with a real estate technology company is engaged in an Information Data Exchange. Any company I have put into this category is there BECAUSE THE MAIN SELLING FEATURE OF THEIR WEBSITE PACKAGES IS THE SEARCH EXPERIENCE. The secondary services they offer will often mirror those of a Real estate lead generation website which makes understanding the difference between real estate website providers a little difficult. One main way to define a true lead generation company is the way that they support the website. Both InboundREM and BoomTown provide end to end solutions were the only task the client has to do is manage leads. ALL other providers make the client LEARN how to get leads from the website they are being provided with. If you fail to follow these companies tutorials(If the companies have tutorials at all), they will promptly tell you the reason you are not getting leads is you are not using the website correctly. IMO a true lead generation company takes all that guesswork away from the client and if there is service education required it’s based on educating real estate teams on how to access and work leads. A quick way to identify how RICH a real estate IDX website search experience is supposed to be is the price. Prices range from $0-5000 set up and $56-1000 M/O.
- Custom Real Estate Websites – The primary reason you should seek custom design is if you have determined creating a unique brand is central to your real estate business goals. Luxury real estate agents are the number one consumers of this kind of real estate website. Custom design projects tend to be very difficult because to do them well you need a lot of detail and 80% of the time you do not have a client capable of giving you the technical/design specifications to pull off these projects without a lot of redos. ALL the companies listed in this category tend to customize PART of a website like the home page leaving the rest of the pages on the website pre-designed. Full custom(every page on the website designed to a clients specification) websites START at $10,000, and very few teams or agents would see a return on investment unless a site redesign/design was done in tandem with an online marketing campaign.
The Best Real Estate website providers of 2018 | Pricing | Reviews | Comparisons
Agent Image | Custom Real Estate Websites
Agent Image Custom Real Estate WordPress Website Examples :
Agent Image Website Pricing:
Agent Pro (WordPress real estate template website) – $1500-1800
Semi Custom (WordPress real estate website with a customized homepage) – $2500-3000
Imagine Studio(WordPress website with customized homepage and interior page layout) – $5500-8500
Agent Image Reviews:
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Agent Image
DISCLOSER: I worked for Agent Image from 2007 through 2010.
Agent Image has been making custom real estate websites since 2000. They have produced more than 18,000 LIVE websites which makes them the Number ONE custom real estate website company by a long margin.
Agent Image was founded 17 years ago as a division of The Design People to focus exclusively on Real Estate. The founders are:
Tiger Bitanga currently CEO
Jon Krabbe currently CFO
Luigi Amante currently Board of Directors
These three established The Design People out of an apartment nearly two decades ago. Tiger originally from the Philippines saw an opportunity to get high-quality design work done at a fraction of US prices and moved back to Manila to open up the design and operations side of the business. Jon and Luigi stayed in the states to manage the sales side of the business. This is how Agent Image operates in 2017. The day to day operations in Manila and the sales efforts in the U.S. are the primary responsibility of two key employee’s:
*ADDENDUM ( In September I met with Jon Krabbe and he reported that Mike Bitanga is no longer President of Manila, Mike’s LinkedIN page shows him still currently employed by The Design People the parent company of Agent Image. While I am sure Jon’s information was passed on accurately I am looking for a second source connected to the Phillipene’s division before removing Mike from this article entirely)
Mike Bitanga – President of The Design people and Tigers brother. Operations in Manila.
Gregg Pitzele – Vice President of Sales – The Design People. He runs Sales for Agent Image in the states.
Agent Image – WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed website “build information.”
Unlike most of its competitors, Agent Image does allow its customers ownership of their websites. They DO NOW ALLOW unauthorized plug-ins to be installed into your WordPress website so if you have some experience with websites this will be frustrating.
Agent Image has three website design options (with a possible hidden fourth option). The reason for the pricing differential is Agent Image allows its salespeople a “back pocket” discount they can offer if they feel a client is close to making a purchase but needs a little more incentive. Some salespeople simply quote the lowest possible price when you call in.
- Template (You choose from a predetermined selection of designs that you cannot alter much) $1500-$1800
- Semi-Custom (You create a custom homepage, and the rest of the website is a template) $2500-$3500
- Imagine Studios (A hybrid between full custom and Semi-Custom) $5000-$8500
- Full Custom (All elements of a website design customized and potentially custom functionality as well) $10,000 – $25,000
- You have TWO options for IDX. I home finder OR IDX broker cost is comparable, but IDX broker is the much better choice. $36-56 m/o
Agent Image DOES NOT set up your search tools(IDX) for conversion. You will have to ask them to do it, and all they will do is activate a predetermined setting which usually produces mediocre results. NO ONE in either division is truly trained in Real estate website lead conversion though a couple of salespeople in the U.S. can talk a good game. If you purchase an Agent Image website go to YouTube and research lead conversion settings for the IDX provider you chose. Here is a video tutorial l I did in 2010 for IDX broker. It’s still viable today and should increase conversion considerably.
Agent Image ALSO has marketing options for both Direct Advertising (Google Adwords + Facebook marketing) and Search Engine Optimization. In 2011 the part of Agent Image that focused on marketing was purchased by the CEO at the time. The division and its employees left. Since then Agent Image has done marketing out of the Phillipenes. I cannot speak to the direct advertising solutions, but I am 100% sure their SEO packages are years out of date. Any readers that have Agent Image websites or purchased marketing in the last 3-4 years can set an appointment with me, and I’ll show you what a successful SEO strategy would look like in 2017.
Comparable to: InboundREM, 210 Consulting (honorable mention), Real Estate Webmasters
Video Review | Agent Image | Custom Real Estate Websites
BoomTown | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Charleston SC
Boom Town Templated Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
Boomtown Website Examples:
$1500.00 Set up (One Time)
$1500.00 per month Licensing Fee 1-25 Active Users +$35 for every additional user after 25
Online Advertising ( This is 100% necessary to generate leads)
3-5 Agents $1000 Per month
5-10 Agents $1500 per month
10-30 Agents $2000 per month
There is an additional 15% Ad spend management fee.
Seller Lead Suite: $250 per month
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Boom Town
Boom Town was founded in 2006 by Grier Allen. Thier company picture has 56 employees, located in South Carolina. (according to press release they are growing from 56 to 96 employees in 2017)
Officers and their roles:
Don Sedora Director of Product Development (He is listed as an officer of the company but has a LinkedIn profile that states he is a consultant)
The company has been fast-tracking since 2006. They’ve made the INC 500 four years running. They are the recommended lead generation company of Keller Williams and famously noted as a key ingredient to Ben Kinney’s meteoric success. The company has expanded into a renovated warehouse and has high ratings from the employee’s on glassdoor. The outward product and the internal reviews make this company the one to watch in the real estate marketing space. My only note here is this company is ripe for acquisition. They sought and received 20 million in a private bond release. This was the first time Boom Town sought or received funding which makes them unique in the tech space. [source]
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed Boom Town website “build information.”
- You do not own your Boom Town website.
- Boom Town websites are “Templates.” This means all Boom Town websites look similar to one another.
- Boom Town builds their websites on WordPress
- They manage customers information and behavior
- They provide one look “lead management” dashboards so a broker can see lead status and last contact in real time
- Boomtown provides dedicated account managers that train agents and brokers on using the platform
- Boomtown will import existing leads
- While Boomtown talks a lot about SEO and shows signs of being able to apply SEO they are targeting mostly lower value terms for themselves and their clients backed with very FUNCTIONAL content pages but not very deep or interesting ones. IE: On a scale of 1-10 I would give Boomtown a 5 for SEO at least from a “what do their results” indicate standpoint. My Video Review covers this topic in detail.
SEO ADDENDUM: Boomtown might be adding in SEO as a “value-add” meaning they include it as part of their licensing fee. Any results that you get are a bonus. My analysis shows results that would match that kind of “marketing expectation.”
BoomTown Video Review | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
Dakno Marketing | Custom Real Estate Websites | Clayton NC
Dakno Marketing Website Examples:
Dakno Marketing Prices
Real Estate Websites
Dakno Blog – $199
Signature Sites (Semi-Custom) – $849
Select Custom Sites – $1249
Full Custom – $1599
SEO & PPC
SEO = $560 OR $1125
PPC = $150 set up and unspecified management fee
Dakno Marketing Reviews
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Dakno Marketing
Dakno Marketing was founded in 2003 by Brad Carroll. Dakno appears to have almost as many “live” websites as Agent Image which is 20,000+
Officers and their roles:
The reviews from CUSTOMERS about Dakno are stellar. I read all 26. Glass Door which is a website that allows employees to review their employer anonymously is exactly the opposite. Anything you don’t have to attach your name to shouldn’t be given as much weight as reviews that are attached to verifiable human beings. In this case having carefully combed through every social profile and every review the evidence points in the direction of the glass door reviews being accurate. You should read them.
Brad Carroll seems to be an active voice in the digital marketing space. His social media profiles show him at various conferences and marketing “masterminds.” Despite complaints of low pay and long hours his company manages to deliver 5-star service. However, you need to pay close attention to my review of their website and service description:
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed Dakno Marketing Website “build information.”
- You do not own your Dakno website
- Dakno’s design aesthetics are not comparable to Agent Image | Real Estate Webmasters| But Dakno is 50% less
- Dakno builds their websites on a proprietary CMS – this isn’t as good for you as WordPress
- Dakno makes an IDX plug-in for WordPress
- IDX is INFERRED to be responsive (property results will work well on cell phones)
- Danko imports leads from Zillow,Trulia,Realtor.com
- Email Campaign functionality from within the platform.
- Round robin and first come first serve lead distribution
- Future updates are free and promised
Closing thoughts about Danko Marketing:
This is one of the few real estate website companies on this list where I haven’t even SEEN the Danko back-end management system. Whether it performs as described is any one’s guess. There are NOT a ton of complaints online that I could find, so that is a good sign. There isn’t one single training video OR case study showing the Danko platform in use. The training videos are to be expected. They might not be accessible to the public. The case study is surprising. If they have that good of a tool why wouldn’t they demonstrate results via youtube?
Brad and Bobby Carroll both profess to be online marketing experts yet their social media, and their SEO is sub-par compared to almost every other company in the TOP 10, and they have been in business far longer. Thier SEO packages are HORRIBLY out of date. I wish I could say for certain having seen the way their back end operates but my BELIEF with all available evidence is newer competitors like Easy Agent Pro or Placester both deliver a better starter websites, and Real Geeks delivers a far better lead generation website all for a significantly lower investment. These newer options ALL offer better online training and verifiable online case studies. Love to hear from Danko customers past, or present and see what YOU thought about this company. If anyone wants to PM their Danko login, I’ll do a detailed analysis and update this review/comparison.
Dakno Marketing | Video Review
Easy Agent Pro |Real Estate Websites | Albuquerque NM
Easy Agent Pro | Real Estate Website Examples
Easy Agent Pro Pricing
$500 Set Up (In the summer of 2017 EAP removed this but I am listing it in case they bring it back)
Landing Pages – $119 m/o
Real Estate Website (Lead site) – $159 m/o
Real Estate Website + Marketing Lead sites Plus) – $259 m/o
Easy Agent Pro Reviews:
Yelp 5 of 5 stars – Company used to be known as Page One.
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: EASY AGENT PRO
Located in New Mexico the company was co-founded by Tyler Zey and Robert Laprise. Tyler handles the content marketing(SEO), and Robert handles the website development. Regardless of what the rest of my review says these guys are top in class regarding making new real estate marketing services. Tyler is the best content marketer in the entire real estate vertical regarding results. Seth Price from Placester would be comparable, but he has slightly better results with considerably more resources. Both companies focus on educating real estate professionals how to utilize digital marketing to enhance real estate sales revenue and in the process show you how their tools can help meet sales goals.
Officers and their roles:
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed Easy Agent Pro “Build Information.”
- You do not own your Easy Agent Pro Website (One of my main CONS about this company)
- Easy Agent Pro has good designs, but they are TEMPLATES (websites can only minorly be customized)
- Easy Agent Pro has the second largest and most USEFUL library of TIPS and TUTORIALS for Real Estate Online Marketing
- Easy Agent Pro builds their website on WordPress, and my advice for Boom Town would apply here.
- Easy Agent Pro teaches you HOW to use their websites more effectively than ANY other real estate website provider
- Easy Agent Pro offers more value for the money you spend than most real estate website service providers
Summary of my Easy Agent Pro and Comparision to other “Similar” real estate websites:
Easy Agent Pro is my NUMBER ONE recommendation for newer agents interested in learning how to “do” online marketing. If you have a budget more than $1000.00 per month for direct advertising Real Geeks has the potential to generate more leads. Real Geeks has a better method of managing those leads. Just like Easy Agent Pro, you will need to invest 10-40 hours “learning” how to use your Real Geeks website effectively. If you are already spending more than $2-10,000 per month, then Boom Town or InboundREM become interesting options. Boom Town provides the direct advertising and leads management solution while InboundREM provides the only SEO/ownership focused solution that’s available amongst real estate marketing companies. Neither Easy Agent Pro OR Real Geeks would allow your company to scale beyond a certain point and you’ll spend a lot of time and money coming to this conclusion yourself.
COMPARABLE TO – Real Geeks and Placester
Easy Agent Pro Video Review | Template Real Estate Websites
InboundREM | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Los Angeles, CA
InboundREM Real Estate Website Examples:
Set up $2500 – $3500
Website = $2500 – $10,000 Template and Custom Websites
SEO Marketing Campaigns
Small City – $600 per month
Medium City – $1000 per month
Large Cities(single area) or luxury neighborhoods – $1500 per month
Small Teams and Brokerages – $2500-$5000 M/O Depending on the number and location of Geo marketing targets.
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: InboundREM
Robert Newman founded InboundREM in 2014. His role is Chief Marketing Officer. Rafe Altschuler(his brother) leads project management. The company consists of a team of 20+ social media managers, content writers, developers and designers that work remotely. Robert focuses on educating Real Estate leaders about the nuances of the available Real Estate online marketing solutions. InboundREM is the only company on this list that provides a real estate lead generation solution the real estate client owns as opposed to leases.
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION:
- You own your website after 12 months
- Designs are comparable to Agent Image or Real Estate Webmasters and include template and custom options
- Websites are built on WordPress and managed 100% by InboundREM
- InboundREM uses IDX broker for their search and lead generation solution
- InboundREM uses Follow Up boss for Lead Management which integrates automatically with IDX broker.
- InboundREM manages and were necessary sets up Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus.
- InboundREM is a 100% managed solution. There is no learning required except to read reports and how to use follow up boss if you’re a team or brokerage.
- InboundREM is a CONTENT marketer making informational pages for your website that includes charts, graphs, and detailed area information. The client owns this information after the initial 12 months.
Summary of InboundREM and Comparisons to “similar” websites.
InboundREM uses the same technology as Placester, Boom Town, and Agent Image regarding website design and CMS. Calling InboundREM a website provider is a little murky however as they won’t SELL a website to anyone that calls in. Rather they sell a real estate lead generation solution that includes a free WordPress website that you own after 12 months which makes them unique on this list. Additionally, InboundREM only takes TWO clients per city, so availability becomes a factor. This is also true of Boom Town. Unlike Easy Agent Pro InboundREM will almost certainly not be a good fit for most new agents. There is an incubation period required before you start seeing leads ranging from 6-9 months that makes this a bad fit for un-established agents or teams. Comparing Boom Town and InboundREM side by side for lead generation the expectation should be Boom Town will provide a better return for the same budget in the first 18 months. The big difference is if you stop paying for BoomTown all leads immediately stop. Using the same example as long as you stayed with InboundREM over 12 months if you stop paying you might see leads slow, but results will last for years if not the lifetime of your business.
Real Estate Webmasters – is the only comparable real estate SEO provider and they have an excellent website design team. They don’t have incredibly friendly integration with other technology providers making their website solution somewhat “one size fits all.” Additionally, you don’t own the website so if you decide to invest $1000-5000 per month that investment is gone if you ever change real estate website companies.
COMPARABLE TO – BoomTown – Real Estate Webmasters – Danko – Agent Image
InboundREM Video Review | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Van Nuys Ca
Placester | Real Estate IDX websites | Boston MA
Placester Real Estate Website Examples:
Essential – $150 M/O
Premium (Includes content marketing) $400 M/O + $250 Activation
Brokerage plan added onto Essential or Premium + $150 per month and added $200 activation up to 10 agents
Brokerage up to 25 agents $300 per month = + $300 Activation
Placester Reviews from across the web
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Placester
Placester is a Real Estate Technology company that sells WordPress real estate websites which include IDX and online marketing options. With over 400,000 customers one of every six real estate professionals in North America uses their services. Partners Fredrick Townes and Matthew Barba founded Placester Inc. in Boston, MA in 2011.
Matt Barba CEO – Co-Founder
Fredrick Townes – COO -Co-Founder
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed “built with” summary
- Responsive Real Estate IDX Website (Search Focused)
- Content marketing and direct advertising options (Read reviews before investing)
- Drip Email marketing campaign (basic)
- Landing Page Creation (without a funnel this is useless)
- Template Websites
- Options for agents AND Brokers
- CRM and CMS incl.
Additional thoughts about Placester:
Placester has its marketing game dialed in. They say all the right things. They have decent looking websites that use the latest technology like WordPress.Placester has the BEST library of how to’s in the industry. If you only have a few bucks per month to spend on a real estate website join NAR and call Placester. You can get a bare-bones website for $5.00 per month which is the best offer in all of Real Estate. If you have a few hundred dollars to spend then Easy Agent Pro or Real Geeks might be better options. Why? Because by all accounts Placesters service is spotty at best. I had to call them on behalf of a Placester client, and my experience was sub-par, and I am generous. I have found 3-4 other major review sites saying the same thing. Placester has grown faster than its ability to service 400,000 + clients is what I am guessing. Regardless an investment in a website and marketing from them is taking a gamble on both service and results.
COMPARABLE TO – Real Geeks and Easy Agent Pro
Placester Video Review | Real Estate IDX Websites | Boston Ma
Real Estate Webmasters | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Canada
Real Estate Webmasters Website Examples :
Real Estate Webmasters Pricing:
REW has a whole host of websites. They range from $1900-$35000
IDX/Service is $50-$499
SEO/PPC/Search Engine Marketing
Real Estate Webmasters Reviews from across the web
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Real Estate Webmasters
The only name associated with Real Estate Webmasters is Morgan Carey. Famously known as the “SEO guy” Carey got his start as an SEO consultant and moved into owning his real estate focused technology company in 2004. The bar was set very low for good SEO focused websites (still is) and Carey quickly built up his company to its current 150 employees and two locations in Canada. He also built up the single worst personal reputation in all of real estate technology(this is a data-driven assessment based on the number of negative reviews that mention Carey by name).
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Link to detailed “built with” summary
- Custom and Template real estate website design
- CRM and CMS
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Responsive (Mobile Friendly)
- UX is better than most (Site structure and navigation)
- Custom IDX both as a plug in and as a SAAS service
Closing thoughts on Real Estate Webmasters:
Real Estate Webmasters isn’t quite the best in ANY category. Boom Town is better at lead generation and lead management. Agent Image is better at custom design. Sierra Interactive has the best search experience and customizable IDX. Real Estate Webmasters is 2nd or third in ALL of these categories making this company one of the best overall options if you need a strong performance in design, lead generation, search experience and lead management simultaneously. Real Estate Webmasters is also the most expensive real estate website provider out of the top 10. As with all the options except Agent Image and InboundREM you do not own the website. In the 10 years, I have consulted with and met some of real estates most influential founders and leaders I have heard stories that mirror what others have said in the reviews you can read about Morgan and Real Estate Webmasters. That said I have never met the man. What I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt is Real Estate Webmasters has implemented sudden and extreme price hikes with little to no warning to its customer base. Becuase there is so little competition in the “real estate website that can do it all” category REW has a fairly captive audience. You can get a REALLY good idea of what I mean by reading this review from one of the more prolific real estate bloggers that decided to give REW a try. Go to the end of the post and carefully read through the pros and cons. Real Estate Webmasters Detailed customer experience.
Comparable to InboundREM
Real Estate Webmasters Video Review | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Canada
Real Geeks| Real Estate Lead Generation Websites | Kailua, HI
Real Geeks Website Examples
Real Geeks Pricing
$500 Set up
$169-$239 per month
+ $50 per month for Facebook marketing plugin
+ $50 per month for home sellers marketing plugin
Real Geek Reviews from around the web
LEADERSHIP/COMPANY SUMMARY: Real Geeks
Real Geeks was founded by Jeff Manson a Hawaiian real estate broker with 2 decades of real estate experience. You can learn everything you would ever want to know about him on his Real Geeks You Tube channel. He is featured in 70 videos that average one hour a piece. The company was sold( very quietly) on July 25th, 2017 to Fidelity National Financial Inc. Real Geeks now operates as a subsidiary. This should come as no surprise to those that have followed Jeff on YouTube. He has always maintained his primary love was selling Hawaain real estate, and Real Geeks was his answer to a HUGE need in the Real Estate industry for an affordable real estate website that would generate leads. Mission accomplished.
Jeff is still the CEO of Real Geeks.
WEBSITE AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Real Geeks website “Built with” information.
- Template Design
- Very lead capture friendly
- Need to use direct advertising for lead generation
- Excellent Tutorials on how to use direct advertising and Real Geeks
- IDX is very clean, and it’s set up for you.
- Good customer service
- Excellent documentation to support the launch of the website
Closing thoughts on Real Geeks.
They were just bought by a mortgage company (Fidelity National See above) with very deep pockets. They probably are keeping Jeff as CEO for the next year or two as they transition in a new team. How this will affect their real estate websites is any ones guess. The good news here is I doubt they bought the company to mothball it. Frankly, Jeff seems to passionate to sell to someone just looking to bury a competitive tech company AND and as near as I can tell Fidelity doesn’t own competing technology. But you can be 100% sure this will affect your real estate website in the long term. Whether they try to integrate mortgage partners straight into your real estate website thus getting millions of dollars worth of “free” advertising or they want to increase the volume of customer acquisition (Despite their dominant product Real Geeks has fewer customers than most of the companies on this list). I still feel this is a great bet in the real estate lead generation website category for the next 12-24 months.
Comparable to Easy Agent Pro and Placester
Real Geeks Video Review | Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
Resi | Real Estate IDX Web Sites | Miami Beach, Florida
RESI Custom and Semi-Custom Real Estate Website Examples :
Like everything else with RESI details are hard to find. I did find an old quote given to me when I was advocating a client get a Resi website in 2015. It’s outdated and by no means is it definitive. However, if pricing has changed, it’s probably gone up not down. There is a monthly charge as well. It varies dramatically depending on what IDX options you’ve chosen. I would estimate the range is $300-600. If a Resi customer would care to comment on this post, I will edit this post.
Reviews for Real Estate Systems Integrator (RESI)
None to speak of. 23 years in business and two people gave them 5 stars on facebook with no comments.
It feels like RESI goes WAY out of its way NOT to have much information online. The CEO John C. Hernandez is the only founder in the top 10 that doesn’t have a LinkedIn profile.RESI does have a LinkedIn company profile. Nor are there any press releases or blog posts that bear his name. (That I could find). Resi was founded in 1994 and according to buzz file employs 25 people in a 3000 sq ft facility in Miami. Their revenue is listed between $1.5 million and 3 million per year.
Website and Service description:
- Custom Floorplan and Map Maker both available in Miami
- Multi-Lingual MLS display
- Custom And Template Desing
- You don’t own the website.
Closing thoughts on RESI.
There SEO plans and many of their “add ons” are all items given to you for free by most of the Real Estate Companies on this list. None of Resi’s clients (that I could find) are doing all that well for SEO. That’s usually a terrible sign concerning purchasing marketing from a company. If you are going to buy a RESI website, it should be under this circumstance ONLY. You are in a marketplace where you can use all the additional features of their IDX like the custom mapping and floor plans. You have a pre-existing source of web traffic (like a TV show, Radio show or repute like “The Jills”). OR you have a budget to drive traffic to the website. I do not believe these websites are set up very well for lead conversion. I spent quite a bit of time using the search functionality without being able to discover when the website asks for registration. In some markets, however, like New York, Miami or Los Angeles where luxury condominiums abound and getting detailed information is hard, prospective buyers MIGHT enjoy the user experience so much they will contact you without prompting. I don’t personally think that is likely, but Resi has kept one of the best teams in the world on their website platform for years. Has to be some lead generation but I am guessing minimal. In the case of the Jills, it’s quality, not quantity that counts regarding leads.
RESI IS COMPARABLE TO: Sierra Interactive a company that just barely missed being in the top 10 (It’s in my honorable mentions)
Real Estate Systems Integrator Video Review | Real Estate IDX Website Company
Sierra Interactive | Real Estate IDX websites
Sierra Interactive Website Examples
Sierra Interactive Website Prices
$995.00 Set Up (one time)
Monthly fee for 1-10 users $349.95
Monthly fee for 11-25 users $499.95
Sierra Interactive Video Review and Synopsis
10 more companies that make pretty good real estate websites
These are honorable mentions listed alphabetically with links to detailed video reviews
- 210 Consulting Semi-Custom Real Estate WordPress Websites you own.
- Boston Logic – Custom Real Estate Websites | Video Review
- I House Web – Real Estate IDX templated websites | Video Review
- Market Leader – Real Estate Semi Custom Websites | Video Review
- Pro Agent Websites – Templated Real Estate IDX Websites |No Video Review
- Superlative – Templated Real Estate IDX Websites | Video Reviews
- Sierra Interactive – Semi Custom Real Estate IDX Websites | Video Review
- Website Box – Real Estate MLS Websites | Video Review
- Wix – Real Estate MLS Websites | Video Review
- z57 – Template Real Estate IDX Websites | Video Review
Read this before you choose the company that will make your next real estate website.
Picking the wrong real estate website can cost time and money. Measuring twice and cutting once is ALWAYS what you want to do even when considering low-cost options.
If you are currently considering buying a website here is what you need to know BEFORE you start shopping.
- How much CAN you spend upfront and monthly
- Whats is most important to your business – Design, Search Experience or Lead Generation. If they are all important, you still need to prioritize #1-3
- How much time do you have for getting a website online, and if applicable generating leads.
You need to create features and functionality list on a 1-10 scoring chart. Here is how that works. You might need Lead generation #1, but you can also have the requirement of responsive property search results. Attach an importance score to that requirement IE: 9
Here is a sample functionality list with scoring :
- Integrated CRM- lead management – 9
- Lead Generation – 10
- Drip Email Campaign – 5
- Leads Automatically Texted – 9
- Search Experience – 4 (FYI complicated or robust search tools almost always DROP lead count)
- Good Design -7
- 3-4 week before the website goes live.
Now take your time go through this list of real estate website providers and eliminate any that fall outside your budget. Then see if the ones remaining offer some or all the features you have listed. I’ll give you a quick cheat. There is only ONE real estate website company that does everything on my list and doesn’t cost $3-5k to get into a relationship with. This is pretty basic and doesn’t cover a lot of variables, but it’s a place to start.
Some final tips before making a purchase.
TIP ONE: The most you can hope for with an excellent Real Estate Lead generation website is “clean, professional and straightforward.” If you’re hoping for a fantastic branding website that maximizes lead generation…it doesn’t exist. Branding and efficiency only work together in extremely specialized real estate verticals.
TIP TWO: If you are spending over $20,000 on digital marketing per year and don’t own your real estate website ask yourself if convenience is worth over $100,000 dollars to you. Becuase you’re paying that or far more. It might take more time and require more effort to deal with a company that will make a website that you own but in most cases were you are spending $1300-2000 or more for marketing solutions other companies control, you’ll end up paying yourself $1000.00 per hour or more to go ahead and take that plunge.
TIP THREE: Real Estate Marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. Whether you use a preformatted point and click solution or you decide to go with a custom website you own which takes more time effort getting to a place where all aspects of your online marketing is truly working effeciently is most likely going to be a year’s long process. You should be able to measure progress but truly profitable results regardless of who you choose take time and patience.
Hope you enjoyed this article. A lot of time went into it. If you DID enjoy it or learn from it or save money, please do me the honor of leaving a comment. Not only would I appreciate it but Google likes it too.
Robert – Founder and Chief Marketing Officer of InboundREM.